Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tales Tuesday: Good Morning, Mommy!

I wake up in the morning and it is bright.
The sun is up, providing red, pink, and orange light.
The birds are happy as they tweet and sing.
A new day is here. I wonder what fun it will bring.
I turn to Mommy as she is still asleep.
I stare at her and smile, while not making a peep.
Though, the time for being up is coming near.
I quietly speak just loud enough for her to hear.
She tiredly says "Son, go back to sleep. It's early."
We've been asleep all night. She must be joking, surely.
I double my efforts to be an alarm clock.
I roll over, climb on mommy, and now loudly talk.
"Get up, Mommy! We must start our day!
I want you to be awake so that we can play!"
I roll and crawl to make an earthquake.
Mommy groans as she stirs awake.
"Okay, okay son. I guess we're up."
I smile at mommy, not knowing what is the holdup.
She smiles back and gives me a kiss on the head.
She picks me up as we get out of bed.
We giggle as we leave the bedroom.
Good morning, Mommy! Let's play with my new riding toy, "vroom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment