Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tales Thursday: The Misadventures of Little Dorian Wade - The Disappearing Plans


Little Dorian Wade awakes from his slumber.
It's a new day to sleuthe by way of tumbler.
He raises his hands high above his head,
Yawning big and stretching wide in bed.
Dorian scans the room and settles his gaze
On the one who has nourished him all these days.
He kicks his legs and smacks his lips.
"Mommy, I'm hungry!," he quips.
Her eyes tiredly open. Enough sleep she'll forgo.
"Oh son, hold on a minute. Here you go!"

She clumsily prepares her breakfast station.
His lips smack even harder in anticipation.
Dorian quality assures the glorious product,
Dribbling his meal due to his tongue being improperly tucked.
He listens to the chirping of a small bird.
"Mommy, you've done well, now mush onward!"
He gestures his hand toward the living room.
Mommy smiles, exhuming her body so the morning can resume.
Dorian is on the floor, sampling the air with his tongue.
He has always thought his rather advanced skills are unsung.

"Reader! Yes you!" commands little Dorian Wade.
"We both know that the Mommy creature is my maid.
What we don't know is how she became a magician.
Those diapers I soil. Where do they go? I have a mission.
Once I'm through, a white container they enter.
Shhh! It leads to my super secret research center,
Where my minions, Toby McTeddy and Zippy O'Turtle, are fast at work.
Handy The Octopus deciphers my message. BTW, he's also my file clerk.
It is here that I test Daddy's beard with the strength of silk
And I explore such things as the meaning of milk.

Here she comes. Please, don't say anything!"
Into the carrier Dorian is placed and Mommy grabs her key ring.
She wears her shiny sunglasses and lifts a blue bag.
Then out the front door they go and down the stairs they zigzag.
"Wait a minute! Where are we going with my messa...I mean diapers?
Perry LePossum, assemble your team! I need swipers!
I will not permit my hard work to be tossed."
Fortuitously, a hole opens, littering the diapers. All is not lost.
Sir Walden, Dorian's kitty, scampers away with a paper wad.
The boy cheers, "Sir Walden to the rescue! Your efforts I applaud!"

Mommy grumbles as she gathers together the mess.
"Don't worry, Dorian. Mommy doesn't have great finesse."
Dorian thinks, "Oh good, she doesn't suspect my plans!"
Mommy scans for cars then shoots the bag into the dumpster with her hands.
The boy directs his arm toward home.
Mommy complies. Through his data, Dorian is eager to comb.
On the way, he sees Sir Walden eating.
Realizing his plans are once again ruined, he will have to call a meeting.
The boy face-palms at the idiocy of his minions. Sir Walden lied.
Mommy cautions, "Baby, don't hit yourself," and they go inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment